Dr. Karlheinz Landauer
Founder and Owner
Karlheinz is an expert in Biotechnology with a PhD in Applied Microbiology with 15+ years of work experience. He has specialized on cell line engineering, up-stream process development, scale-up and tech transfer strategies, GMP operations and was a program manager of an NBE.
After his PhD, he took several jobs in the above-mentioned fields with increasing responsibilities, when in 2011 he eventually was Head Manufacturing and COO at Celonic AG in Basel.
In 2016, he has founded his own company QBDC, with its core focus on consultancy for biotech companies in CMC matters, process development, tech transfer & scale-up, facility layout & design, project management, and QM & QA.
At QBDC, he is driving the company towards high quality standards and problem-solving communication strategies. For QBDC’s customers, he is an easily accessible, goal-oriented technical solution provider.
- 2016 to date: Managing Director at QBDC GmbH (formerly: Quality Biotech Development & Cells Landauer), Nusshof, Switzerland
- 2007 to 2015: 3 years as Director of R&D and 5 years as Head of Manufacturing & COO of Celonic, a leading CDMO in Europe. Located in Basel, Switzerland
- 2006 to 2007: Senior Assistant Director at Celltrion, team leader of early process development, Incheon, South Korea
- 2002 to 2006: (deputy) Head of Manufacturing at Igeneon GmbH, Vienna, Austria
- PhD in Biotechnology, focus on animal cell culture process development
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology, focus on environmental biotechnology and fermentation strategies
Milestones and Achievements
- 2016: Foundation of own company, QBDC
- 2013: Design of a new, large-scale single-use facility
- 2011: Reconstruction of a GMP pilot facility
- 2010: Successful anti-cancer drug proof-of-concept
- 2005: Completion of a tech transfer project of a Phase I product to a CMO in South Korea
- 2002 to 2015: Projects for clinical phase I – III trials: 10+ mAB, 2 fusion protein, several biosimilar projects and many preclinical projects