Dr. Roland Meisel
CEO, Freelance Consultant
Roland sees it as his mission to provide affordable biopharmaceuticals to patients all around the world. His vision is to reduce costs and prices of this potent class of pharmaceuticals to make them more widely accessible for people in need.
He is a well-connected and versatile person whose success is based on a vast network of worldwide business contacts and on many years of experience in project management, business development, and licensing & alliance management in the (Bio-)Pharma industry.
As CEO of BLAC-BioPharma, as well as with his mandate at Weissknight, he translates his strengths, capabilities, and network of contacts into action.
- 2016 to date: CEO and Freelance Consultant at BLAC BioPharma UG, Rostock, Germany
- 2016 to date: Partner and Freelance Consultant for Biopharma at Weissknight Corporate Finance
- 2016 to 2017: Freelance consultant for global business development at The Biosimilars Group GmbH, Germany
- 2011 to 2016: (Senior) Director Business Development at Celonic, a leading CDMO in Europe
- 2009 to 2011: (Senior) Business Development Manager of Product Development Services (1 year) and interim Head of Sterile Product Development Centre (6 months, Belgium site) at NextPharma Technology Holding
- PhD in Organic Chemistry; focus: carbohydrate chemistry, combined with heterocyclic chemistry and C-C coupling
- Diploma degree in Organic Chemistry, focus: organic / carbohydrate chemistry
Milestones and Achievements
- 2016: Foundation of own company, BLAC-BioPharma UG
- Successful closure of several biosimilar licensing deals combined with additional services with a licensing and contractual value of 50+ million €
- 2016: Founding partner of The Biosimilars Group
- Alliance management and set-up of sales partnerships in Asia for European companies
- Contract strategy development and establishment of contractual elements such as T&C, MoU, LoI, LULL GLA, and MSA as well as partnership agreements